Pages


Friday, August 10, 2012

8/10/12

Hi guys!


     The other day, I went into my sister's room and randomly saw Woody & Jessie. When I was little, I took them everywhere.  Not kidding! I would play with them before the food came to our table at restaurants, when my cousins came over, and just because I could.


    Needless to say, they got pretty worn out. And now, years later, they are still working when you pull the string and no body parts are missing! (Bullseye isn't so lucky, :). However, grime from years of play kinda got to them. So, as I looked over their dirty body, I decided that I would do a simple little thing to clean their plastic parts, like the face. It's real easy and, most importantly, it works.



I couldn't focus on all the yuck, but you can see some of the dirt. (Before picture)




Here's what I did for my two ingredient, two step secret cleaning formula ~*~
 STEP ONE Mix baking soda and water in a bowl, until you get a gritty paste.












STEP TWO With an old toothbrush, gently scrub a thing layer of the paste onto their face. Scrub for about ten seconds, then with a wet rag wipe the paste off. (You may need a Q-tip to get it from under their eyes and noses).








(after picture)


That's all. Really!  It's so easy to do, and easy to clean up. Did I mention inexpensive? These dolls are at over  ten years old too, and you can't tell at all. Did I just hear someone gasp? ;) good luck!


Savannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment