Pages


Friday, November 9, 2012

11/9/12


I'm sure you've all seen plenty of crayon art done on canvas.It looks really fun, colorful, and abstract. I decided to try this on a smaller, more budget friendly scale; a pumpkin.
I had a pumpkin that I had previously painted on, and a couple of small white ones. Here's what to do:

   Cover your work place with a trash bag and make sure everything won't blow way-like crayon wrappers. You'll need tacky glue, used/new crayons, and a blow dryer.
Glue crayons very close to the stem and leave a couple minutes to dry. (I cut each crayon in half and put them next to each other, but this was a small-ish pumpkin. For normal pumpkins, I suggest just using normal sized crayons. Miniature pumpkins will of course need smaller portions).
On high, start blowing one section at a time. Just wait...pretty soon you'll see bright lines of melted crayon running down the pumpkin, or some will decide to pool on top. Either way it will look amazing.
(Sorry for bad picture) Final product! I hope y'all are having a great time enjoying fall like I am, even 80 degrees is a gift around here in Texas:)

-Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment